Looking for a great way to enjoy CBD without vaping? Or do you want to apply CBD to specific areas of your body? Perhaps a homemade CBD massage oil?
If so, homemade CBD rich moisturisers, balms and lotions are the way to go. Not only will they be great topical lotions, perfect for CBD massages, but with the addition of essential oils they will smell great too.
This is our favourite CBD recipe for topical use by far, we use it regularly for creating lotions for CBD massages. It has so many uses and we add whatever essential oil is needed at the time to make the perfect customised lotion. Try it, it’s so easy, you wont regret it.
Ingredients for CBD massage oil
Makes a 500mg CBD rich moisturiser, balm or lotion. If you want a stronger solution just halve the coconut oil/cocoa butter or use 1000mg Pure Crystal CBD isolate.
- 2 cups of coconut oil or cocoa butter
- 500mg (or 1000mg) YES CBD Pure Crystal CBD isolate
- Few drops of essential oil (use sparingly as they are very potent)
Before adding the CBD to the butter/oil, make sure it is below 40 degrees C to avoid burning or decreasing the potency of the CBD. Ideally, the butter/oil needs to be just liquid enough to dissolve the CBD into. We strongly recommend you have a digital thermometer to accurately measure the temperature.
If the butter/oil does get too hot, then just wait a bit for it to cool down, remeasure the temperature with your digital thermometer again before adding the CBD isolate.
Add the CBD isolate and drops of essential oil and mix thoroughly so that the CBD disperses through the liquid then allow to cool and put into a clean pot or jar and use as you wish. Once completely cooled. Store in a cool dry dark place, away from sunlight.
Reasons for using coconut oil or cocoa butter:
- Smells great,
- Excellent moisturisers (think Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula and Palmers Coconut Oil Formula),
- Solid at room temperature so you can use as a balm or lotion without oil running everywhere,
- Saturated fats are an excellent carrier for the cannabinoid to be absorbed by the body,
- Both cocoa butter and coconut oil have many purported health benefits,
List of essential oils and their reported benefits:
- Lavender Oil – improves sleep quality, promotes a calm mind
- Peppermint Oil aka Peppermint Extract – alleviates nausea, headaches, tummy upsets, anxiety
- Eucalyptus Oil – helps alleviate coughs, colds, indigestion (used in many cold and flu medications such as Vicks Vaporub and lozenges to sooth a sore throat)
- Oregano Oil – contains carvacrol which is said to support liver health
- Valerian aka Lemon Balm Oil – improves sleep, reduces anxiety, improves stress related symptoms
- Jasmine Oil – Increased alertness
- Neroli Oil aka Bitter Orange Blossom – improves skin condition (wrinkles, scars, stretch marks), acne, some say it improves the symptoms of menopause, antimicrobial and antioxidant
- Bergamot Oil – deodorant, antiseptic, sedative, pain relief, assists digestion
- Rosemary Oil – hair growth, memory, liver, digestion
- Tea Tree Oil – antiseptic, antibacterial, anti fungal, relieves coughs
Get the very best CBD Isolate Additive – YES CBD Pure Crystal – for your CBD massage lotion, balm or moisturiser right here at YES CBD! Make your own creation and let us know the results, we’d love to hear from you!